Minutes PFS Board Meeting

June 19, 2014

David Ingerson, Delores Day, George Neidhart. John Kellermann, Lauren Sheehan

Revised minutes approved.

- BOARD MEMBER ELECTION RESULTS -
David and John elected to 2 year terms, Jan 2014 – Dec 2016.

Electronic survey monkey was good, a few folks opted out,

AR- David will figure out how to track who opted out and if they need paper next year

(AR- John will check and be sure minutes are posted to web site )

Steve Greenwood is interested in becoming a board member, AR – David will invite Steve to board meeting and begin orientation process.

FINANCE COMMITTEE
George expressed being uncertain of what board wants for oral repots.

AR Lauren will forward the prior agreement for what the regularly needs.

Appr. $1,510.00 is operating money for PFS needs that does not belong to Autoharp and Summer Acoustic music camp.

! George and Mo have improved the reporting format for showing liabilities and assets for events after they happened. We appreciate their work and results. !

George suggests we begin looing for double entry accountant in membership AR – Delores will set up finance committee meeting with James Frew and George to review financial records. Goal to have that meeting by mid July.

George wants us to consider paying Mo more money.

CONCERT COMMITTEE

Current finances are $ 112. 92 profit Jan – May. Youth concert was a success all around, a little profit, full houses, tons of talent. Recommend considering doing it again, will support concert committee’s recommendation.

Bill Murlin expressed concern that our insurance hadn’t been paid, misunderstanding. St Phillip just didn’t get renewal notice as PFS didn’t know S Ph. Wanted it.

AR – Concert committee needs to follow up on learning what St Phillip needs for leases and making sure they have it. Lauren will contact Bill Murlin.

LOCAL LORE

SURVEY indicates about equal interest in electronic vs paper . David recommends forming a committee to move to electronic, to create proposal for how to do it, Editorial policy . Who to be on committee? Steve Mullinex?. Irya ? Lauren ? Joe Hickerson? John Kellermann David Ingerson?

Lauren brought up point of this being an opportunity for Local Lore to shift and serve the organization, perhaps steering toward the future. Beginning of exciting discussion about how PFS might begin to become part of a more active and vital non-commercial music making and appreciative community.

MERYLE”S PARTY
Board will contribute the $97 deficit towards Meryle’s farewell party.

STRAWBERRY SOCIAL
Sunday June 22.

AR - John Kellermann will get new members numbers. Delores will call some new members Sat morning. AR - David will help Carter find help for set up and clean up.

Next meeting August 5, Tues 7 pm George Neidhart’s home

Halsey exit off 84 L at 148th R at San Rafael St

15820 NE San Rafael 97230

Portland FolkMusic Society: Your Connection to FolkMusic in the Pacific Northwest!

Questions, comments about this page? Send e-mail to the Webmaster.