PFS Board Meeting Minutes May 25, 2017

Board Members Present: David Ingerson, Mary Ann Gilpatrick, John Kellermann, Dick Hamlet, Corinne McWilliams, Bill Moore, Brian Warner

David Ingerson called the meeting to order at 7:12 pm.

Last months minutes reviewed and discussed, John will edit and send by email for approval.

Reports

Treasurer

Brian presented quarterly report for Jan/Feb/March. He authorized $135 to our bookkeeper Morris McClellan (Mo) for time spent setting up new version of Quicken. No advertising income due to delayed billing. David will meet with Brian to show him how and transfer responsibility.

Concert Committee

Lost money on Guitar Summit concert. Board discussed problems with new venue (size, comfort, price) and Mary Ann offered to help committee look for a more suitable venue.

Singtime Committee

Dick brought preliminary financial summary sheet. Some income/expenses not yet accounted for. David paid Mary McCauly $185.62 for snacks, deposited $100 from late registration + linen payments.

Membership

John presented a preliminary report of membership gained and lost by year based on dates joined and lapsed, including an estimated running total number of memberships by year. Questions, suggestions and discussion followed. Brian noted that totals were too large when compared with count of current members. John will check.

Play Day in May report

Event was enjoyed but not well attended, lost money, band and caller waived fees, no final report yet. Mary Ann suggested sending thank-you note to Rob for his hard work. David will work with Rob on a report to present next month.

Old Business

Strawberry Social

June 11. John brought list of new members since last year for board to call, list was divided among 6 board members. John will contact Mo about a new member from Play Day in May, copy Brian. John will organize, David will bring pavilion, chairs, lemonade, etc.

Roster revision

John presented two roster formats, simple portrait list vs booklet. John suggested printing simple format this time. Paper vs. electronic roster was mentioned and discussed briefly. Further discussion was tabled until next month.

Membership survey--volunteer situation

Brian will edit and work with Corinne. David had a conversation with Sandy and Mary Ann requested he write that he write up notes on what they discussed and send it to the board.

Social media

Missy Wryn will meet with Becca Parker and David May 31st to discuss and create PFS accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Meetup.

Integrated Communication Strategy

Consistent design, branding, look & feel for all channels: print, web, social media. $625 is already set aside for redesign. Missy will discuss strategy with David.

New Business

Board members signed a letter to OnPoint to give Brian signature authority.

Meeting adjourned at 9:00 pm.

The next meeting is tentatively scheduled for Thursday June 29 at 7:00 PM at Jody Neubert's, 3116 NE 58th Ave. Portland, 97213

Portland FolkMusic Society: Your Connection to FolkMusic in the Pacific Northwest!

Questions, comments about this page? Send e-mail to the Webmaster.