PFS Board Meeting Minutes Minutes January 25, 2017

Board Members Present: David Ingerson, Dick Hamlet, Corinne McWilliams, Will Newman II, John Kellermann, Mary Ann Gilpatrick

Board Members Absent: Bill Moore, Brian Warner

David Ingerson called the meeting to order at 7:08 pm.

Last meeting's minutes approved as corrected.

Election of officers

Discussion of survey Monkey process problems tabled until next meeting. Election results accepted.

Brian elected new treasurer, replacing Will. John will update name in State records. David, Dick, and Corinne will continue as president, vice-president, and secretary.

Reports

Treasurer

Will gave all documents and files to Brian. Will to prepare December and year-end reports once Mo sends him accounting. Dick mentioned Mo has enabled credit card payments at concerts through a phone app. Dick offered to help Mo with configuration so that transactions identify income from concerts.

Concert Committee

Met Monday night, they made enough profit on Canote Brothers concert to break even for the season, The Bills broke even. Email policy discussed. David will attempt to clarify that proposed board policy is intended to ensure effective communication, not to throttle marketing of concerts.

Singtime Committee

Dick reported they're a little behind schedule, publicity did not go to other organizations promptly. Registration opened on schedule. About $4000 income so far, half of private spaces sold. 26 to 30 registered. Small increase in fee accepted without complaint by registrants. David took Singtime Flyers to Camp Harmony and will take them to Rainy Camp.

Old Business

40th Anniversary Concert

No March or April dates available at Lagunitas Brewing worked for all performers that were scheduled for the canceled concert. David will call Lauren to see if other dates would work, and if so, look for another venue.

Leo's YouTube video

Not yet posted on PFS website since no other content was provided for the 40th anniversary celebration.

Goodman Foundation grant

David was discouraged, Steve said it was just a "letter of proposal", not a "grant." David rewrote letter and submitted, awaiting response. If accepted, will defer proposal for songwriting workshop.

Rob Hoffman's "Play Day in May" event

His written plan was accepted, and he will be invited come to the next board meeting to discuss details.

New Business

Support for Kate and Steve's Artichoke concert

David will see if Helene Rippey was able to reschedule her work shift so that she can host a viewing party. If not, David will send email to membership asking if anyone else can host the event.

Volunteer situation

Bobbo and Laura will be quitting mail duty after sending another concert mailing and one or two more Local Lore issues. We need new volunteers for mailings, more members for Singtime and Concert committees. Mo is quitting as bookkeeper. Corrine mentioned a survey she sent out to another organization to recruit volunteers, will work on one for PFS and send to board for review.

Meeting adjourned at 9:25 pm.

The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, February 15th at 7:00 PM at John's house, 2612 SE Madison.

Portland FolkMusic Society: Your Connection to FolkMusic in the Pacific Northwest!

Questions, comments about this page? Send e-mail to the Webmaster.