PFS Board Meeting Minutes November 16, 2016

PFS Board Meeting Minutes November 16, 2016

PFS Board Meeting Minutes November 16, 2016

Board Members Present: David Ingerson, Dick Hamlet, Corinne McWilliams, Will Newman II, John Kellermann, Brian Warner

David Ingerson called the meeting to order at 7:02 pm.

Last meeting's minutes approved as amended.



Will to ask Mo about "Prepaid Scholarship" expenses attributed to Singtime (was probably Summer Acoustic account). Annual budget discussed. $500 was added for software. Accounting services increased from $1500 to $2000 to cover audit expenses. David mentioned that his Joe Hickerson concert raised $629, earmarked for improving web site. $800 fronted for Rob Hoffman song/dance event will be budgeted as a program expense and (expected) income. Sound & lights for concerts will be higher (from $125 to $160 per concert) $1200 to $1650 per season). Will to ask Mo about "other" performing rights expense. John suggested getting PFS into the Willamette Week Give Guide for next year. Dick programmed a Donate page on the PFS website. Budget was adopted as amended.

Concert Committee

Committee has done better promotion for the Canote Brothers concert, expect to at least break even. With prompting, Sandy Bly sent better info for the web. David told committee about last month's board discussion regarding publicity. John contacted Michael Kersey about poster distribution service. Our January concert "The Bills" is listed on their tour schedule. Committee objected to boards proposed email policy. David mentioned that two members are not getting messages. John will investigate.


David is Chair, Dick is Treasurer, Ray is Registrar. David will schedule a meeting soon. David to get information to Kim for a flyer, and to Dick for website so that registration can be open soon to help cover next payment to Menucha.

Old Business

Leo's YouTube re 40th anniversary

Anniversary page and YouTube link not done yet.

Mass Email policy

Awaiting counter-proposal from Concert Committee.

Goodman Foundation grant

Steve is OK with board making changes to the proposal. He can schedule a meeting with a foundation representative, after we revise the proposal. David mentioned a recent A&E article re young "Folk Scene" in Portland:

Brian mentioned a band of 3 sisters "Joseph", and a John Krege(?)

40th Anniversary concert, Wednesday Dec. 14

Lauren has 4 groups lined up: Joe Hickerson, Mary Flower, Avery Hill, and Portlanders.

New Business

Meeting adjourned at 8:58 pm.

The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, December 21st at 7:00 PM at John's house, 2612 SE Madison.

Portland FolkMusic Society: Your Connection to FolkMusic in the Pacific Northwest!

Questions, comments about this page? Send e-mail to the Webmaster.