PFS Board Meeting Minutes July 20, 2016

Board Members Present: David Ingerson, Dick Hamlet, Corinne McWilliams, Will Newman II, John Kellermann

David Ingerson called the meeting to order at 7:10 pm.

Last meeting's minutes were approved, with amendment from David re adding Board charge to Concert Committee.

Reports:

Treasurer

Will got figures yesterday, will send to board by email.

Concert Committee

David Ingerson reported new members, September and October are scheduled, they're working on November, February scheduled.

Info tech

Dick fixed web links to portlandfolkmusic.org email addresses. Reorganization of sidebar menu discussed.

Strawberry Social

Discussed.

Old Business

40th PFS anniversary party planning

Concert Committee is fine with having a party before the November Concert. David will ask committee if they're willing to organize and to suggest a budget to consider at next board meeting. Proposed 40th Anniversary Local Lore masthead design discussed. Will noted that PFS was not defined or spelled out, and that it should be somewhere.

Goodman Family grant proposal

David is meeting with Steve Greenwood next month.

Rob Hoffman proposal (report attached)

Approved, May 20, 2017 suggested so as not to conflict with 2nd Saturday song circle.

New Business

Meryle Korn's proposal to make a presentation about PFS at the Autoharp Gathering

Approved.

Lisa email regarding conflicts within Singtime committee.

Discussed. Corrine will draft apology to Lisa. David will recruit a new committee. Corrine suggested Kevin O'Sullivan. John will send current members contact info to David.

Concert Committee proposals.

Venues: Will reminded board that we already charged them to decide venue.

Concert Sponsors: Will suggests responding that Board is considering 2 levels of membership, with a higher level for concert sponsors. David will encourage Stan to recruit concert committee members to pursue.

PFS potentially joining the Country Dance and Song Society (The nation's oldest folk organization)

David will investigate.

Volunteer appreciation party date, venue, other issues.

Deferred until next meeting.

Meeting adjourned at 8:49 pm.

The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, August 17th at 7:00 PM at John's house, 2612 SE Madison.

Respectfully Submitted by John Kellermann, Recording Secretary

Portland FolkMusic Society: Your Connection to FolkMusic in the Pacific Northwest!

Questions, comments about this page? Send e-mail to the Webmaster.