PFS Board Meeting Minutes, May 18, 2016

Board Members Present: David Ingerson, Dick Hamlet, Corinne McWilliams, Will Newman II, John Kellermann

Guest: Rob Hoffman (present for last item only)

David Ingerson called the meeting to order at 7:21 pm.

Last meeting's minutes were approved.

Finance Report

Will presented a "Balance Sheet & Program Summary" and "Income and Expenses Report" for January, February and March, answered questions.

Concert Committee

David reported they will meet for 5 or 6 hours Saturday June 11 to plan the next season. Corinne reports chair Lynn Dingler plans to book bigger names, instead of competing with house concerts. Corinne said it's late to start booking next year. Lynn is negotiating a new venue contract with St. David of Wales. Will suggested a written charge from the board of expectations of committee. Discussion followed. Will will send draft to board.

Membership

John will submit a semi-annual membership report at June meeting.

Website changes/design

Dick worked on improved navigation on the current PFS website; demonstrated new 2-level page menu. Will suggested putting Contact Us under both people and connections. Dick will send link to all board members.

David brought copies of Steve Greenwood's draft grant proposal to the Goodman Foundation.

Singtime

Dick reported last Singtime is done; contract for next year is signed; deposit paid. David reported that committee needs revitalization; they're working on guest artist for next year and recruiting new committee members.

Old Business

Strawberry Social

John will send board list of new members to call.

40th anniversary planning

Corinne reported that Julie's article about Jinx Davis for the May-June issue of Local Lore was sent but not received by Irja, and that it was 1700 words. Corinne will edit it down.

David will discuss special showcase concert with Concert Committee.

Bill Murlin's CD project

David will send him $300, no news yet from Bill.

New Business

Rob Hoffman's proposal

Will moved that PFS sponsor Rob's proposed 5-Euro Tip family folk dance / sing-along as an intro to PFS for younger families. PFS will underwrite up to $800 and help with publicity. Corinne seconded; resolution passed unanimously. Rob will plan, organize, and report to David within 3 months.

Meeting adjourned at 9:15 pm.

The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, June 15th at 7:00 PM at John's house, 2612 SE Madison.

Respectfully Submitted by John Kellermann, Recording Secretary

Portland FolkMusic Society: Your Connection to FolkMusic in the Pacific Northwest!

Questions, comments about this page? Send e-mail to the Webmaster.